The Five Mindfulness Trainings
"The Five Mindfulness Trainings are one of the most concrete ways to practice mindfulness. They are nonsectarian and their nature is universal. They are true practices of compassion and understanding. All spiritual traditions have their equivalent of The Five Mindfulness Trainings." Thich Nhat Hanh
1. Protect life, decrease violence in oneself, in the family and in society.
2. Practice social justice, generosity, not stealing and not exploiting other living beings.
3. Practice responsible sexual behavior in order to protect individuals, couples, families and children.
4. Practice deep listening and loving speech to restore communication and reconcile.
5. Practice mindful consumption to help us not bring toxins into our bodies or minds.