Scroll Down for Upcoming Classes
Who We Are
We are a Sangha (gathering of spiritual friends) learning and meditating together, led by John Blackburn. John has practiced meditation for over fifty years, practicing intensively with teachers in the Vipassana, Zen and Dzogchen traditions.
Some of us are new to the practice of meditation; others have decades of experience. Our members come from all walks of life and a variety of spiritual traditions. All are welcome!
What We Offer
- Beginning Mindfulness Meditation
- The Four Noble Truths
- Opening the Heart: Metta (Loving-Kindness) Meditation
- Lojong: Tibetan Mind Training
- The Bodhisattva Path
- Unconditional Love, 1
- Unconditional Love, 2
- Wisdom: The Power of Investigation
- For those who prefer not to be in classes
- Structured to fit student's schedule and objectives
- Can be in person or on Zoom
Weekly Meetings (Sangha)
Thursdays 6:30-8:00 pm
- On Zoom every week
- In person on the 1st & 3rd Thursdays each month
- Includes guided meditation, a period of teaching & discussion
- Suitable for new as well as experienced meditators
- No charge to attend. All are welcome
Opening the Heart: Metta (Loving-Kindness) Meditation
Sundays March 3-24, 2024
Meaningful Life Center & On Zoom
$70 class fee
Opening the Heart is the path to well-being and happiness. When we are caught in fear, self-absorption, and judgement, the heart feels constricted. Freed of its fear, the heart naturally opens, and we begin to relate to ourself, to others, and to all life with love, compassion, joy, and wisdom. The teachings and practices known as The Four Immeasureables are time-tested methods for cultivating fearlessness and allowing the full-flowering of our natural capacity to be in relationship.
No prior meditation experience is needed to take this class.
"The essence of loving kindness is being able to offer happiness. ... You can’t offer happiness until you have it for yourself. So build a home inside by accepting yourself and learning to love and heal yourself."
Thich Nhat Hanh
Unconditional Love, Part 1
Miscellaneous Class Related
2024 Weekend Retreat