Who We Are
We are a Sangha (gathering of spiritual friends) learning and meditating together, led by John Blackburn. John has practiced meditation for over fifty years, practicing intensively with teachers in the Vipassana, Zen and Dzogchen traditions. Some of us are new to the practice of meditation; others have decades of experience. Our members come from all walks of life and a variety of spiritual traditions. All are welcome!
What We Offer
- Beginning Mindfulness Meditation
- The Four Noble Truths
- Opening the Heart: Metta (Loving-Kindness) Meditation
- Lojong: Tibetan Mind Training
- The Bodhisattva Path
- Wisdom: The Power of Investigation
- For those who prefer not to be in classes
- Structured to fit student's schedule and objectives
- Can be in person or on Zoom
- Every Thursday 6:30-8:00 on Zoom
- Includes guided meditation, a period of teaching and discussion
- Suitable for new as well as experienced meditators
- No Charge to attend. All are welcome.
Next class offering will be posted soon.
Miscellaneous Class Related
General Info & Class Descriptions
The Five Mindfulness Trainings
Addressing the Environmental Crisis
Southern Dharma Retreat Center